The experts and professionals gathered in Vantaa, FinlandOctober 11, 2019
This week Thurne hosted the Dec Group seminar “Powder Handling and Containment Technologies” in Vantaa, Finland.
We would like to thank our guests, speakers, Fermion and our Finnish team for two amazing days full of valuable information about powder handling.
The topics for the seminar were:
- How to effectively and safely handle powders under GMP conditions in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries
- Challenges and issues when micronizing powders
- Ready for OEB 7: sterile and toxic product manipulation in the pharmaceutical industry
- Increase plant productivity and safety by process linking
Our speakers from Dec Group were Mr. Frédéric Dietrich, Mr. Ferdinand Reesink and Mr. Andrew Lemaire, who shared their knowledge about safe and contained processing of powders.
We also had the opportunity to explore equipment on display:
- Micronisation unit
- Demonstration of powder transferring with PTS-80 (Video available with Powder handling system in motion – take a look)
- Contained reactor charging by PTS
- Continuous liner and safe seal system from our partner Lugaia
- Scalable Lab System with several milling heads from our partner Quadro
The second part of the seminar was a reference visit to the API manufacturer Fermion, who presented contained powder handling in practise.