The SciLog SciPres combines pressure sensing capabilities and the convenience of disposability with easy set up. Each sensor is preprogrammed with a unique ID for easy traceabil ity and data documentation when combined with the Scil og® SciDoc software. Factory calibration data is also stored on each sensor’s chip for out-of-box pllllg and play use.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
– Each sensor is pre-calibrated and has a unique sensor ID making it NIST traceable and suitable for single-use GMP applications
– Validated for exposure to gamma irradiation, autoclave and sodium hydroxide sterilization
– Available in 5 different sizes for full scaleabil ity throughout process development
– Careful monitoring and control of pressure is essential for the efficiency and safety of several units of operation within a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process. SciPres pressure sensors can measure and document pressure in a range of filtration, separation and purification applications, for example:
– Trans-membrane pressure (TMP) control in tangential flow/ cross flow filtration operations is crucial in optimizing product yields.
– Critical normal flow filtrations such as virus filtration, final sterilizing filtration or mycoplasma removal from cell culture media are validated in the process to remove micro-organisms at a given differential pressure (dP) which must be maintained.
– Cross-column pressure measurement in chromatography operations monitors blockage preventing column or resin damage.
– The pressure across a centrifuge can be used as an indication of unit throughput.
– Monitoring pressure can also prevent a system integrity breach protecting operators from potential exposure to potent molecules or acids and bases.
More information on manufacturer`s website: